Patriots shuffle roster, adding offensive lineman Mark Wetterer off waivers
|08.10.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Wednesday afternoon they have claimed rookie offensive guard Mark Wetterer off waivers from Cincinnati, and have released safety Ross Ventrone. Wetterer, 6-foot-5 and 319 pounds, was originally signed by Cincinnati as a rookie free agent on July 26 out of Louisville. He was waived by Cincinnati on Aug. 8. The 22-year old Wetterer started in 28 games at Louisville and was named a 2010 First-Team All-Big East player. Ventrone, 5-foot-8 and 190 pounds, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Villanova on April 29, 2010. He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 4, 2010 and then signed to the practice squad on Oct. 19, 2010.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office