Patriots shuffle roster, adding offensive lineman Mark Wetterer off waivers
|08.10.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Wednesday afternoon they have claimed rookie offensive guard Mark Wetterer off waivers from Cincinnati, and have released safety Ross Ventrone. Wetterer, 6-foot-5 and 319 pounds, was originally signed by Cincinnati as a rookie free agent on July 26 out of Louisville. He was waived by Cincinnati on Aug. 8. The 22-year old Wetterer started in 28 games at Louisville and was named a 2010 First-Team All-Big East player. Ventrone, 5-foot-8 and 190 pounds, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Villanova on April 29, 2010. He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 4, 2010 and then signed to the practice squad on Oct. 19, 2010.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?