Patriots shuffle roster, adding offensive lineman Mark Wetterer off waivers
|08.10.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Wednesday afternoon they have claimed rookie offensive guard Mark Wetterer off waivers from Cincinnati, and have released safety Ross Ventrone. Wetterer, 6-foot-5 and 319 pounds, was originally signed by Cincinnati as a rookie free agent on July 26 out of Louisville. He was waived by Cincinnati on Aug. 8. The 22-year old Wetterer started in 28 games at Louisville and was named a 2010 First-Team All-Big East player. Ventrone, 5-foot-8 and 190 pounds, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Villanova on April 29, 2010. He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 4, 2010 and then signed to the practice squad on Oct. 19, 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal