Patriots shuffle roster, adding offensive lineman Mark Wetterer off waivers
|08.10.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Wednesday afternoon they have claimed rookie offensive guard Mark Wetterer off waivers from Cincinnati, and have released safety Ross Ventrone. Wetterer, 6-foot-5 and 319 pounds, was originally signed by Cincinnati as a rookie free agent on July 26 out of Louisville. He was waived by Cincinnati on Aug. 8. The 22-year old Wetterer started in 28 games at Louisville and was named a 2010 First-Team All-Big East player. Ventrone, 5-foot-8 and 190 pounds, was signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Villanova on April 29, 2010. He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 4, 2010 and then signed to the practice squad on Oct. 19, 2010.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards