Patriots lead Jaguars after first quarter
|08.11.11 at 8:22 pm ET|
The first quarter of the Patriots’ preseason is in the books, with the Patriots leading, 7-6, on a touchdown from rookie Stevan Ridley. The rookie ran it in from the 1-yard-line late in the quarter to give the team the lead after the Jaguars’ first two drives yielded field goals.
Tenth overall pick Blaine Gabbert‘s first professional series featured a four-man front from the Patriots in all 11 snaps. After an Aaron Hernandez fumble doomed the Patriots’ first drive on its opening play, the Pats used Jermaine Cunningham standing up on the second defensive series. As a result, the Pats featured a three-man front for each of the three plays. They then used a four-man front on the first two snaps of Jacksonville’s third drive, and forced them to punt when Mark Anderson created good pressure to lead to a nine-yard Landon Cohen sack.
Thus far, Hernandez has fumbled twice, and he received an earful on the sidelines from Bill Belichick after the second one.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video