Stevan Ridley scores third touchdown in as many quarters
|08.11.11 at 10:01 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley now has three touchdowns on the night, but unlike this first two, it took more than just a yard to achieve. The rookie running back took a pass from Ryan Mallett and scampered 16 yards yards to make it 33-9.
Mallet’s first professional drive ended with Ridley’s second touchdown of the night. The rookie bounced through some traffic to scurry into the end zone for his second one-yard touchdown. Mallett looked good on the drive, which featured a 50-yard reception from Taylor Price. The second-year receiver took a short pass from Mallett and bolted past Rod Isaac before finally being tackled by Jacksonville cornerback Kevin Rutland. By the end of the drive, Mallett had completed six of eight passes for 79 yards.
The Pats continue to use primarily four-man fronts, and one paid off on 2nd-and-8 late in the quarter when Darryl Richard sacked quarterback Todd Bouman for a loss of two yards. By one man’s count, the Pats used a four-man front 11 times and a three-man front three times in the third quarter.
Nate Solder has still played every offensive snap of the game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied