Stevan Ridley scores third touchdown in as many quarters
|08.11.11 at 10:01 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley now has three touchdowns on the night, but unlike this first two, it took more than just a yard to achieve. The rookie running back took a pass from Ryan Mallett and scampered 16 yards yards to make it 33-9.
Mallet’s first professional drive ended with Ridley’s second touchdown of the night. The rookie bounced through some traffic to scurry into the end zone for his second one-yard touchdown. Mallett looked good on the drive, which featured a 50-yard reception from Taylor Price. The second-year receiver took a short pass from Mallett and bolted past Rod Isaac before finally being tackled by Jacksonville cornerback Kevin Rutland. By the end of the drive, Mallett had completed six of eight passes for 79 yards.
The Pats continue to use primarily four-man fronts, and one paid off on 2nd-and-8 late in the quarter when Darryl Richard sacked quarterback Todd Bouman for a loss of two yards. By one man’s count, the Pats used a four-man front 11 times and a three-man front three times in the third quarter.
Nate Solder has still played every offensive snap of the game.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick