Stevan Ridley scores third touchdown in as many quarters
|08.11.11 at 10:01 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Stevan Ridley now has three touchdowns on the night, but unlike this first two, it took more than just a yard to achieve. The rookie running back took a pass from Ryan Mallett and scampered 16 yards yards to make it 33-9.
Mallet’s first professional drive ended with Ridley’s second touchdown of the night. The rookie bounced through some traffic to scurry into the end zone for his second one-yard touchdown. Mallett looked good on the drive, which featured a 50-yard reception from Taylor Price. The second-year receiver took a short pass from Mallett and bolted past Rod Isaac before finally being tackled by Jacksonville cornerback Kevin Rutland. By the end of the drive, Mallett had completed six of eight passes for 79 yards.
The Pats continue to use primarily four-man fronts, and one paid off on 2nd-and-8 late in the quarter when Darryl Richard sacked quarterback Todd Bouman for a loss of two yards. By one man’s count, the Pats used a four-man front 11 times and a three-man front three times in the third quarter.
Nate Solder has still played every offensive snap of the game.
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez Double Homicide Trial: Latest Details, Date, Witnesses...
- Impact Meter for Patriots' Rookie Class
- Patriots Show Confidence in Current Depth Chart at CB
- Aggregating Pariots' Draft Report Card Grades
- Patriots' Biggest Strengths, Weaknesses After Draft
- Patriots NFL Draft Wrap-Up and Analysis
- Good, Bad and Baffling of Pats' Draft