Reports: Patriots set to host three free agents on Monday
|08.14.11 at 10:06 pm ET|
Foxboro will be the place to be for free agents on Monday.
Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh will visit the Patriots on Monday, according to Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald. The veteran, a former teammate of current New England wide receiver Chad Ochocinco when the two were together in Cincinnati, has also played for Seattle and Baltimore over the course of his 10-year career. He has 616 career receptions for 7,091 yards and 43 touchdowns.
In addition, Len Pasquarelli of Sports XChange is reporting that safeties Darren Sharper and Renaldo Hill will also be in town to work out for the Patriots.
The 35-year-old Sharper is a 6-foot-2, 210-pounder who has played for New Orleans, Minnesota and Green Bay over the course of his career. He had perhaps the finest season in 2009 with the Saints when he had 71 tackles, 15 passes defensed and nine interceptions. Hill, 32, is a 5-foot-11, 205-pounder who has played for Denver, Miami, Oakland and Arizona over a 10-year career. He had 86 tackles, seven passes defense and a pair of interceptions with the Dolphins in 2006.
No surprise that the Patriots are kicking the tires on a pair of veterans ‘ if there is one defensive position where New England appears a little thin, it’s safety. (The Patriots used a converted wide receiver Buddy Farnham at the position in the waning moments of the preseason opener against the Jaguars.)
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...