Danny Woodhead on M&M: ‘We don’t have any individuals’ among running backs
|08.15.11 at 12:57 pm ET|
Woodhead said what he likes most about the Patriots’ running backs is that ‘We don’t have any individuals.’
‘It’s not one person that’s worried about himself,’ Woodhead said. ‘It’s a unit.’
Beyond the running backs, Woodhead said that having virtually the same offensive line and the same quarterback to train with is ‘a little more comforting than coming in last year and having three days before my first game.’
‘The more that you work together, the more confidence you’ll have in other people,’ he said.
Woodhead also said his approach to the game has always been to approach each day as a chance to get better. He says he does not worry about outside factors, focusing on ‘just the next practice.’
‘That’s something that I don’t think will ever change,’ he said.
That approach extends to the offseason, Woodhead said, even with the lockout making the offseason ‘completely different, because you’re not in the organized workouts.’
‘I’m a professional football player,’ Woodhead said. ‘My profession is to play football, so whatever I do in the offseason, that’s my responsibility to make sure I’m ready to go once we got the call.’
‘It’s the NFL,’ he said. ‘Everyone has different styles.’
Woodhead said that he was not particularly aware of his popularity among Patriots fans, nor did he say why that might be the case.
‘I’m not a very big guy, so people aren’t going to think I’m a football player,’ he said.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...