Danny Woodhead on M&M: ‘We don’t have any individuals’ among running backs
|08.15.11 at 12:57 pm ET|
Woodhead said what he likes most about the Patriots’ running backs is that ‘We don’t have any individuals.’
‘It’s not one person that’s worried about himself,’ Woodhead said. ‘It’s a unit.’
Beyond the running backs, Woodhead said that having virtually the same offensive line and the same quarterback to train with is ‘a little more comforting than coming in last year and having three days before my first game.’
‘The more that you work together, the more confidence you’ll have in other people,’ he said.
Woodhead also said his approach to the game has always been to approach each day as a chance to get better. He says he does not worry about outside factors, focusing on ‘just the next practice.’
‘That’s something that I don’t think will ever change,’ he said.
That approach extends to the offseason, Woodhead said, even with the lockout making the offseason ‘completely different, because you’re not in the organized workouts.’
‘I’m a professional football player,’ Woodhead said. ‘My profession is to play football, so whatever I do in the offseason, that’s my responsibility to make sure I’m ready to go once we got the call.’
‘It’s the NFL,’ he said. ‘Everyone has different styles.’
Woodhead said that he was not particularly aware of his popularity among Patriots fans, nor did he say why that might be the case.
‘I’m not a very big guy, so people aren’t going to think I’m a football player,’ he said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed