Deion Branch on M&M: ‘We’re always trying to help each other be successful’
|08.15.11 at 11:48 am ET|
Branch said that his job as a veteran is to set an example for newer wide receivers such as Taylor Price.
‘We have to go out and show these guys how to do it the right way, and then let their athleticism take over,’ Branch said.
Branch said that he appreciates how Price asks questions and tries to make ‘that extra step to not only just listen but also put it out on the football field.’
Added Branch, ‘We’re always trying to help each other be successful.’
Branch said that one of the biggest differences between his time with the Seahawks and the Patriots is that in Seattle, ‘Guys didn’t understand what it took to go out and practice and try to put something together.’ Branch said he appreciates New England‘s approach, especially the emphasis on practice.
‘If we don’t do it right in practice, don’t try to do it in the game,’ Branch said.
Branch said he thinks his ‘knowledge of the game’ has improved since the Patriots traded him before the 2006 season.
‘I’m pretty much trying to think on the level with the quarterback,’ Branch said. ‘I’m always trying to figure out what they’re doing, what are their signals, what the line is doing. Back in the day, my thing was just learning the receiver position. I’m trying to learn all the things around me now.’
As for Tom Brady, Branch said that getting married has made Brady more ‘settled,’ and ‘so much more focused on the game of football.’
‘You can see now the love, the passion, the love for the game,’ Branch said of Brady. ‘You saw it back then, but you can really see it now.’
Branch also said that the NFL lockout has disadvantaged every team across the league.
‘All 32 teams are behind a whole lot,’ Branch said.
‘I think in the beginning it may be a little slow for certain teams. Hopefully we can start pretty fast, and that’s our goal.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England