Deion Branch: T.J. Houshmandzadeh a ‘great guy’
|08.15.11 at 4:59 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots reportedly hosted veteran wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh for a visit on Monday. The 33-year-old veteran has also played for Seattle and Baltimore over the course of his 10-year career, and has 616 career receptions for 7,091 yards and 43 touchdowns.
If the New England front office is looking for a reference, they can always lean on Chad Ochocinco and Deion Branch. The two current Patriots’ pass-catchers have played alongside Houshmandzadeh ‘ Ochocinco was with him in Cincinnati from 2001 until 2008, while Branch was teammates with Houshmandzadeh in Seattle in 2009. Ochocinco didn’t speak with the media on Monday afternoon, but it sounds like Branch would endorse the idea of Houshmandzadeh in a New England uniform.
“A great guy. I can’t say what he would be over here … if he gets here. But the year we spent together in Seattle was great. A great player, a great person off the field. I think the rumors that have been said about T.J. are probably not exact. He’s a great person,” Branch said. “Chad has a whole lot more history on him. But I think the nine months I spent with him, I know him a little bit. We’ll see how that goes.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason