Deion Branch: T.J. Houshmandzadeh a ‘great guy’
|08.15.11 at 4:59 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots reportedly hosted veteran wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh for a visit on Monday. The 33-year-old veteran has also played for Seattle and Baltimore over the course of his 10-year career, and has 616 career receptions for 7,091 yards and 43 touchdowns.
If the New England front office is looking for a reference, they can always lean on Chad Ochocinco and Deion Branch. The two current Patriots’ pass-catchers have played alongside Houshmandzadeh ‘ Ochocinco was with him in Cincinnati from 2001 until 2008, while Branch was teammates with Houshmandzadeh in Seattle in 2009. Ochocinco didn’t speak with the media on Monday afternoon, but it sounds like Branch would endorse the idea of Houshmandzadeh in a New England uniform.
“A great guy. I can’t say what he would be over here … if he gets here. But the year we spent together in Seattle was great. A great player, a great person off the field. I think the rumors that have been said about T.J. are probably not exact. He’s a great person,” Branch said. “Chad has a whole lot more history on him. But I think the nine months I spent with him, I know him a little bit. We’ll see how that goes.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...