Bill Belichick on Albert Haynesworth: ‘He’s day-to-day’
|08.19.11 at 4:39 pm ET|
Patriots coach Bill Belichick described defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth as “day-to-day” in a conference call with reporters on Friday afternoon. Haynesworth, who has practiced twice with his teammates since he was first acquired in a trade from Washington on July 28, has been kept out of practice since Aug. 3, and has not played in either of New England’s two preseason games. However, Belichick also assured the media that Haynesworth is at Gillette Stadium with the rest of his teammates.
Haynesworth, who is reportedly dealing with a knee issue, has “put in a lot of extra time and a lot of extra effort” since he arrived, according to Belichick.
“I think Albert has been great since he’s been here,’ Belichick told WEEI last week. ‘He’s worked hard. He’s done more than really what we’ve asked him to do. He’s put in a lot of extra time and a lot of extra effort to get back on the field, to study, to catch up on things from a playbook standpoint that’s he a little behind on.”
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...