Bill Belichick on Albert Haynesworth: ‘He’s day-to-day’
|08.19.11 at 4:39 pm ET|
Patriots coach Bill Belichick described defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth as “day-to-day” in a conference call with reporters on Friday afternoon. Haynesworth, who has practiced twice with his teammates since he was first acquired in a trade from Washington on July 28, has been kept out of practice since Aug. 3, and has not played in either of New England’s two preseason games. However, Belichick also assured the media that Haynesworth is at Gillette Stadium with the rest of his teammates.
Haynesworth, who is reportedly dealing with a knee issue, has “put in a lot of extra time and a lot of extra effort” since he arrived, according to Belichick.
“I think Albert has been great since he’s been here,’ Belichick told WEEI last week. ‘He’s worked hard. He’s done more than really what we’ve asked him to do. He’s put in a lot of extra time and a lot of extra effort to get back on the field, to study, to catch up on things from a playbook standpoint that’s he a little behind on.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...