Albert Haynesworth is back on the field but just watching and still ‘day-to-day’
|08.20.11 at 4:49 pm ET|
FOXBORO — While he was only watching from the sidelines and did not have his helmet with him, Albert Haynesworth returned to the Patriots practice field for the final formal day of training camp.
Haynesworth, wearing his uniform practice jersey No. 92, watched as the team took part in a walk-through for about an hour and then went through about 20 minutes of conditioning before the end of the final open practice of camp.
Patriots coach Bill Belichick would not say whether this was an indication that Haynesworth, who hasn’t practiced since an in-stadium work out for season ticket-holders on Aug. 3, will be ready to return to practice soon or play in a preseason game.
“He’s been day-to-day,” Belichick said following Saturday’s walk-through. “He’s still day-to-day. When he’s ready, he’ll be out there.”
Meanwhile, Shaun Ellis returned to the practice field as well, and did take part in the walk-through. Ellis came to camp after missing time last season with the Jets with a hip injury. The Patriots have the day off on Sunday before returning to practice on Monday in preparation for the Lions next Saturday night at Ford Field in Detroit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction