Ochocinco offers to pay Mason’s fine, but the NFL says no dice
|08.20.11 at 1:14 pm ET|
Patriots wide receier Chad Ochocinco has offered to pay any fine that will be levied against Tampa Bay’s Mason Foster for a hit Foster put on the New England wideout in Thursday’s preseason game. Mason hit Ochocinco coming over the middle in the first half of the Patriots 31-14 win over the Buccaneers on Thursday, and was flagged as a result of the hit. However, Ochocinco tweeted after the game: @Mason_Foster great hit last night,if [you're] fined I’ll reimburse [you] boss. That’s the way the game should [be] played. Stay healthy [and] have a good [year]. However, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Pro Football Talk over the weekend that the league does not allow one player to pay another player’s fine.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick