Ochocinco offers to pay Mason’s fine, but the NFL says no dice
|08.20.11 at 1:14 pm ET|
Patriots wide receier Chad Ochocinco has offered to pay any fine that will be levied against Tampa Bay’s Mason Foster for a hit Foster put on the New England wideout in Thursday’s preseason game. Mason hit Ochocinco coming over the middle in the first half of the Patriots 31-14 win over the Buccaneers on Thursday, and was flagged as a result of the hit. However, Ochocinco tweeted after the game: @Mason_Foster great hit last night,if [you’re] fined I’ll reimburse [you] boss. That’s the way the game should [be] played. Stay healthy [and] have a good [year]. However, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Pro Football Talk over the weekend that the league does not allow one player to pay another player’s fine.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?