Ochocinco offers to pay Mason’s fine, but the NFL says no dice
|08.20.11 at 1:14 pm ET|
Patriots wide receier Chad Ochocinco has offered to pay any fine that will be levied against Tampa Bay’s Mason Foster for a hit Foster put on the New England wideout in Thursday’s preseason game. Mason hit Ochocinco coming over the middle in the first half of the Patriots 31-14 win over the Buccaneers on Thursday, and was flagged as a result of the hit. However, Ochocinco tweeted after the game: @Mason_Foster great hit last night,if [you’re] fined I’ll reimburse [you] boss. That’s the way the game should [be] played. Stay healthy [and] have a good [year]. However, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Pro Football Talk over the weekend that the league does not allow one player to pay another player’s fine.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades