Patriots sign former Boston College linebacker Ricky Brown
|08.20.11 at 1:15 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots have added another inside linebacker, as the announced via twitter Saturday that they have agreed to terms with former Boston College linebacker Ricky Brown.
Brown had played his entire career with the Raiders after joining them as an undrafted free agent in 2006. The 6-foot-2, 235-pounder spent time on Oakland’s practice squad before being activated as a rookie and played the last five seasons in Oakland as a middle linebacker. In his career, the 27-year-old has 102 tackles and four passes defensed.
Last season, his final one with the Raiders, Brown had one start one start and recorded 13 total tackles and one pass defensed over 14 games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal