Patriots sign former Boston College linebacker Ricky Brown
|08.20.11 at 1:15 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots have added another inside linebacker, as the announced via twitter Saturday that they have agreed to terms with former Boston College linebacker Ricky Brown.
Brown had played his entire career with the Raiders after joining them as an undrafted free agent in 2006. The 6-foot-2, 235-pounder spent time on Oakland’s practice squad before being activated as a rookie and played the last five seasons in Oakland as a middle linebacker. In his career, the 27-year-old has 102 tackles and four passes defensed.
Last season, his final one with the Raiders, Brown had one start one start and recorded 13 total tackles and one pass defensed over 14 games.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion