Dan Koppen on M&M: ‘We know what’s expected of us’
|08.22.11 at 12:43 pm ET|
Dan Koppen spoke with Mut & Merloni Monday afternoon. To hear the interview, go to the Mut & Merloni audio on demand page.
Koppen said the key to the Patriots’ offensive success in the preseason so far is that ‘we’ve got a veteran core here, and we know what’s expected of us.’
‘When we go out on the field, our job is to score,’ Koppen said. ‘Doesn’t matter if it’s preseason or regular season.’
‘We want to play fast, we want to play at our pace,’ Koppen said. ‘If we can get the defense feeling like that more on a consistent basis coming up, hopefully we’re winning some games.’
Koppen also said it was unlikely any Patriot would ever make comments like that.
Koppen said with the Patriots, ‘There’s no difference between how we evaluate regular preseason games and regular season games.’
As for how playing actual football instead of just practicing felt, Koppen said, ‘It’s nice to hit someone else in a different colored uniform.’
Koppen said the team’s focus right now is on the Lions and Saturday’s third preseason game, especially elite pass rusher Ndamukong Suh.
‘It will be a great challenge for us,’ Koppen said. ‘Really, another step in our quest.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick