Mason Foster fined for hit on Ochocinco, but receiver says he’ll reimburse him
|08.24.11 at 5:14 pm ET|
The shot, which took place in the first half of last Thursday’s Patriots-Buccaneers game, drew a flag for unnecessary roughness, but Ochocinco tweeted shortly after the game that he would pay any fine that Foster incurred. (That led to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello telling Pro Football Talk that Ochocinco wouldn’t be allowed to pay on behalf of Foster, saying each player must pay their own fines.)
However, in the wake of Wednesday’s news, the Patriots’ receiver tweeted that he didn’t agree with the decision, addressing a Tweet toward NFL commissioner Roger Goodell: @nflcommish Dad no disrespect but I don’t agree with @mason_foster fine [and] I’ll be reimbursing him personally. Please feel free to contact me. No word yet from the NFL on what they plan to do when/if Ochocinco writes Foster a check.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty