Mason Foster fined for hit on Ochocinco, but receiver says he’ll reimburse him
|08.24.11 at 5:14 pm ET|
The shot, which took place in the first half of last Thursday’s Patriots-Buccaneers game, drew a flag for unnecessary roughness, but Ochocinco tweeted shortly after the game that he would pay any fine that Foster incurred. (That led to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello telling Pro Football Talk that Ochocinco wouldn’t be allowed to pay on behalf of Foster, saying each player must pay their own fines.)
However, in the wake of Wednesday’s news, the Patriots’ receiver tweeted that he didn’t agree with the decision, addressing a Tweet toward NFL commissioner Roger Goodell: @nflcommish Dad no disrespect but I don’t agree with @mason_foster fine [and] I’ll be reimbursing him personally. Please feel free to contact me. No word yet from the NFL on what they plan to do when/if Ochocinco writes Foster a check.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?