Mason Foster fined for hit on Ochocinco, but receiver says he’ll reimburse him
|08.24.11 at 5:14 pm ET|
The shot, which took place in the first half of last Thursday’s Patriots-Buccaneers game, drew a flag for unnecessary roughness, but Ochocinco tweeted shortly after the game that he would pay any fine that Foster incurred. (That led to NFL spokesman Greg Aiello telling Pro Football Talk that Ochocinco wouldn’t be allowed to pay on behalf of Foster, saying each player must pay their own fines.)
However, in the wake of Wednesday’s news, the Patriots’ receiver tweeted that he didn’t agree with the decision, addressing a Tweet toward NFL commissioner Roger Goodell: @nflcommish Dad no disrespect but I don’t agree with @mason_foster fine [and] I’ll be reimbursing him personally. Please feel free to contact me. No word yet from the NFL on what they plan to do when/if Ochocinco writes Foster a check.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text