Nate Solder and Shane Vereen return to practice with Patriots
|08.24.11 at 2:27 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots just opened their Wednesday afternoon practice session under occasionally cloud skies on the fields behind Gillette Stadium. With Bill Belichick‘s pal Jon Bon Jovi in attendance, rookies Nate Solder, Shane Vereen and Lee Smith were all back on the field after time away from the practice field. (For Vereen, it was only his first practice since Aug. 3.) In addition, defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was on the field as well.
The following players were not spotted at the start of practice: Stevan Ridley, Leigh Bodden, Kevin Faulk, Malcolm Williams, Jeff Tarpinian, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes, Marcus Cannon, Ryan Wendell, Brandon Deaderick, Jermaine Cunningham, Ron Brace and Mike Wright. In addition, the new player that Nick Caserio hinted at earlier in the day during his press availability was on the field ‘ he was No. 66, and working out with the offensive linemen. We anticipate an announcement on his status later today.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied