Nate Solder and Shane Vereen return to practice with Patriots
|08.24.11 at 2:27 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots just opened their Wednesday afternoon practice session under occasionally cloud skies on the fields behind Gillette Stadium. With Bill Belichick‘s pal Jon Bon Jovi in attendance, rookies Nate Solder, Shane Vereen and Lee Smith were all back on the field after time away from the practice field. (For Vereen, it was only his first practice since Aug. 3.) In addition, defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was on the field as well.
The following players were not spotted at the start of practice: Stevan Ridley, Leigh Bodden, Kevin Faulk, Malcolm Williams, Jeff Tarpinian, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes, Marcus Cannon, Ryan Wendell, Brandon Deaderick, Jermaine Cunningham, Ron Brace and Mike Wright. In addition, the new player that Nick Caserio hinted at earlier in the day during his press availability was on the field ‘ he was No. 66, and working out with the offensive linemen. We anticipate an announcement on his status later today.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England