Patriots in shorts and shells for Thursday morning practice
|08.25.11 at 11:52 am ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots were in shorts and shells for the start of their Thursday morning practice session on the fields behind Gillette Stadium. No surprises when it came to the injury report, as the same 14 players were missing from practice on Thursday as Wednesday. Among the notables present were defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (on the field for the third consecutive day with his teammates), as well as running back Danny Woodhead (back for a second straight day after taking a nasty shot to the head in last Thursday’s preseason win over Tampa Bay).
The following players were not in attendance at the start of practice: Stevan Ridley, Leigh Bodden, Kevin Faulk, Malcolm Williams, Eric Kettani, Jeff Tarpinian, Dane Fletcher, Brandon Spikes, Marcus Cannon, Ryan Wendell, Brandon Deaderick, Jermaine Cunningham, Ron Brace and Mike Wright. With the Patriots trying to replicate a regular-season work schedule for this week’s preseason game ‘ and traditionally, the players that miss practice at the end of the week do not play that weekend ‘ those 14 players are probably a safe bet when trying to handicap who will play and who might miss Saturday’s game against the Lions in Detroit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick