Albert Haynesworth reportedly won’t play against Lions, but it looks like James Sanders will give it a go
|08.27.11 at 5:08 pm ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth is not expected to play in Saturday’s preseason game against the Lions in Detroit, according to Tom Curran of Comcast Sports Net. Haynesworth has not played in New England’s first two preseason games, and returned to practice on a regular basis this week for the first time since the start of the month. He was acquired via a trade with Washington on July 28.
One player who hasn’t seen much action over the course of the preseason who is expected to play against the Lions is veteran safety James Sanders. Sanders, who has been slowed by a hamstring injury over the course of camp but has returned to practice on a regular basis this week, Tweeted on Friday: Excited about the opportunity to play tomorrow!
“I’m just looking forward to it just an opportunity to be out there on the field with the guys, get an opportunity to go out there and just play a game,” Sanders said on Thursday. “I haven’t had the opportunity to play in a game this preseason yet, and I’m excited, so I’m ready to go.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else