Albert Haynesworth reportedly won’t play against Lions, but it looks like James Sanders will give it a go
|08.27.11 at 5:08 pm ET|
Patriots defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth is not expected to play in Saturday’s preseason game against the Lions in Detroit, according to Tom Curran of Comcast Sports Net. Haynesworth has not played in New England’s first two preseason games, and returned to practice on a regular basis this week for the first time since the start of the month. He was acquired via a trade with Washington on July 28.
One player who hasn’t seen much action over the course of the preseason who is expected to play against the Lions is veteran safety James Sanders. Sanders, who has been slowed by a hamstring injury over the course of camp but has returned to practice on a regular basis this week, Tweeted on Friday: Excited about the opportunity to play tomorrow!
“I’m just looking forward to it just an opportunity to be out there on the field with the guys, get an opportunity to go out there and just play a game,” Sanders said on Thursday. “I haven’t had the opportunity to play in a game this preseason yet, and I’m excited, so I’m ready to go.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion