Clay Nurse starts the parade of cuts for the Patriots
|08.29.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
It appears the cuts have started in Foxboro a day before the Tuesday deadline. Former Illinois defensive lineman Clay Nurse tweeted Monday afternoon: Welp, its been real New England. On to the next opportunity. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, was one of several defensive linemen the Patriots picked up in the offseason, but never saw any serious time with New England through the first three weeks of the preseason.
The Patriots have to be down to 80 players by Tuesday at 4 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...