Clay Nurse starts the parade of cuts for the Patriots
|08.29.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
It appears the cuts have started in Foxboro a day before the Tuesday deadline. Former Illinois defensive lineman Clay Nurse tweeted Monday afternoon: Welp, its been real New England. On to the next opportunity. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, was one of several defensive linemen the Patriots picked up in the offseason, but never saw any serious time with New England through the first three weeks of the preseason.
The Patriots have to be down to 80 players by Tuesday at 4 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned