Clay Nurse starts the parade of cuts for the Patriots
|08.29.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
It appears the cuts have started in Foxboro a day before the Tuesday deadline. Former Illinois defensive lineman Clay Nurse tweeted Monday afternoon: Welp, its been real New England. On to the next opportunity. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, was one of several defensive linemen the Patriots picked up in the offseason, but never saw any serious time with New England through the first three weeks of the preseason.
The Patriots have to be down to 80 players by Tuesday at 4 p.m.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades