Clay Nurse starts the parade of cuts for the Patriots
|08.29.11 at 1:18 pm ET|
It appears the cuts have started in Foxboro a day before the Tuesday deadline. Former Illinois defensive lineman Clay Nurse tweeted Monday afternoon: Welp, its been real New England. On to the next opportunity. Nurse, 6-foot-3 and 260 pounds, was one of several defensive linemen the Patriots picked up in the offseason, but never saw any serious time with New England through the first three weeks of the preseason.
The Patriots have to be down to 80 players by Tuesday at 4 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...