Deion Branch on M&M: ‘Just a lot of negative plays’ against Lions
|08.29.11 at 11:18 am ET|
Wide receiver Deion Branch spoke with Mut & Merloni Monday morning as part of WEEI’s Patriots Monday.
Branch attributed Saturday’s loss to the Lions to ‘just a lot negative plays, a lot of flags.’
‘We had a game plan, we wanted to go out and execute our game plan,’ Branch said. ‘Unfortunately, there were some mishaps, a bunch of negative plays on the football field that didn’t allow us to out and execute our game plan completely.’
Added Branch: ‘As an offense, you can’t be successful in long-yardage situations.’
Following are more highlights from the conversation. To hear the interview, go to the Mut & Merloni audio on demand page.
On where the team goes after the loss: ‘There are going to be a lot of good things coming out this once we watch the film.’
On his lack of preseason receptions: ‘I don’t have any issues with what’s going on right now. I understand exactly what we’re doing, and hey, I’m going to roll with it.’
On wanting to play Thursday against the Giants: ‘The way we played [against the Lions], we didn’t display our type of football. The only way you can do that is to actually get on the practice field, and gear up and get to the next game.’
On the lockout making the preseason more important: “We only have one more week together before we kick this thing off for real. … Back in the past, you’d have two practices and an extra week or so, and also the minicamps and the offseason programs’ all the things that we didn’t have this year.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied