Patriots set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper
|08.29.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Patriots are set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper, according to multiple reports.
The 35-year-old out of Tarleton State is a 6-foot-4, 265-pounder who has played for the Jets (nine seasons) and Browns (one season) over the course of his career. He will replace Matt Katula, who was released by the Patriots on Monday. The Patriots also have two other players on their roster ‘ linebacker Rob Ninkovich and tight end Lee Smith ‘ who have long-snapping experience.
The news was first reported by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion