Patriots set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper
|08.29.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Patriots are set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper, according to multiple reports.
The 35-year-old out of Tarleton State is a 6-foot-4, 265-pounder who has played for the Jets (nine seasons) and Browns (one season) over the course of his career. He will replace Matt Katula, who was released by the Patriots on Monday. The Patriots also have two other players on their roster ‘ linebacker Rob Ninkovich and tight end Lee Smith ‘ who have long-snapping experience.
The news was first reported by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England