Patriots set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper
|08.29.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Patriots are set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper, according to multiple reports.
The 35-year-old out of Tarleton State is a 6-foot-4, 265-pounder who has played for the Jets (nine seasons) and Browns (one season) over the course of his career. He will replace Matt Katula, who was released by the Patriots on Monday. The Patriots also have two other players on their roster ‘ linebacker Rob Ninkovich and tight end Lee Smith ‘ who have long-snapping experience.
The news was first reported by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- New England Patriots: Full Position Breakdown and Depth Chart Analysis at...
- Pats Landed Disruptive Interior Lineman in Brown
- What to Expect from Patriots Defense
- Pats' Depth at CB Will Be Tested in 2015
- Pats Fan Has Last Words in Obituary
- Predicting Pats' 2015 Breakout Star
- Patriots' Player Reports and Analysis