Patriots set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper
|08.29.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Patriots are set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper, according to multiple reports.
The 35-year-old out of Tarleton State is a 6-foot-4, 265-pounder who has played for the Jets (nine seasons) and Browns (one season) over the course of his career. He will replace Matt Katula, who was released by the Patriots on Monday. The Patriots also have two other players on their roster ‘ linebacker Rob Ninkovich and tight end Lee Smith ‘ who have long-snapping experience.
The news was first reported by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal