Patriots set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper
|08.29.11 at 5:12 pm ET|
The Patriots are set to sign James Dearth as their new long snapper, according to multiple reports.
The 35-year-old out of Tarleton State is a 6-foot-4, 265-pounder who has played for the Jets (nine seasons) and Browns (one season) over the course of his career. He will replace Matt Katula, who was released by the Patriots on Monday. The Patriots also have two other players on their roster ‘ linebacker Rob Ninkovich and tight end Lee Smith ‘ who have long-snapping experience.
The news was first reported by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?