Wes Welker assures everyone he’s ‘OK’
|08.30.11 at 6:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots wide receiver Wes Welker was back in the Patriots locker room but not at the start of practice Tuesday, as he spoke before practice about his neck injury from Saturday night in Detroit. Welker said he feels better than he did after he tackled Ricardo Silva and brought him to the ground after Silva’s interception of Tom Brady late in the first half of the 34-10 loss to the Lions.
“I’m OK,” Welker said. “They guy made a good play on the ball and I needed to make the tackle so I went in there and made the tackle, got him down.”
“Whatever coach decides on that, I’m fully in on whatever he says,”I think anything that has to do with that part of your body is always scary but we have good doctors and good trainers and I wasn’t too worried about it.”
Welker said he is making every preparation to be ready for the season opener in Miami on Sept. 12.
“I hope so, so we’ll see what all the doctors and trainers and everybody else says and whatever they say is what’s going to happen. I’m just working hard on trying to get back out there,” he said.
Welker said he didn’t remember the details of how the injury happened, just that he came off the field under his own power.
“I don’t really recall,” Welker said. “I just remember making sure everything was alright and doctors checking me out and trying to get ready for the next game.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Glenn Gronkowski to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and...
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...