Report: Patriots add Marcus Cannon to reserve/NFI list
|08.31.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Patriots placed rookie offensive lineman Marcus Cannon on the reserve/non-football injury list on Wednesday, according to ESPN Boston. Cannon, who is recovering from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, cannot play or practice until after Week 6, assuming he’s ready to go at that point.
“He does have some limitations,’ coach Bill Belichick said of the fifth-round pick earlier this week. ‘When those limitations are lifted then we’ll be able to evaluate him like everybody else and see what he can do without any limitations. Right now, we’re just not at the point yet. But I think he’s doing well and we’re getting closer, but we’re still not there yet.”
The move clears the way for the Patriots to add cornerback Antwaun Molden, who was claimed by the Patriots off waivers earlier on Wednesday.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?