Report: Patriots add Marcus Cannon to reserve/NFI list
|08.31.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Patriots placed rookie offensive lineman Marcus Cannon on the reserve/non-football injury list on Wednesday, according to ESPN Boston. Cannon, who is recovering from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, cannot play or practice until after Week 6, assuming he’s ready to go at that point.
“He does have some limitations,’ coach Bill Belichick said of the fifth-round pick earlier this week. ‘When those limitations are lifted then we’ll be able to evaluate him like everybody else and see what he can do without any limitations. Right now, we’re just not at the point yet. But I think he’s doing well and we’re getting closer, but we’re still not there yet.”
The move clears the way for the Patriots to add cornerback Antwaun Molden, who was claimed by the Patriots off waivers earlier on Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?