Report: Patriots add Marcus Cannon to reserve/NFI list
|08.31.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Patriots placed rookie offensive lineman Marcus Cannon on the reserve/non-football injury list on Wednesday, according to ESPN Boston. Cannon, who is recovering from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, cannot play or practice until after Week 6, assuming he’s ready to go at that point.
“He does have some limitations,’ coach Bill Belichick said of the fifth-round pick earlier this week. ‘When those limitations are lifted then we’ll be able to evaluate him like everybody else and see what he can do without any limitations. Right now, we’re just not at the point yet. But I think he’s doing well and we’re getting closer, but we’re still not there yet.”
The move clears the way for the Patriots to add cornerback Antwaun Molden, who was claimed by the Patriots off waivers earlier on Wednesday.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Malcolm Butler Contract: Latest News, Rumors
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense