Report: Patriots add Marcus Cannon to reserve/NFI list
|08.31.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Patriots placed rookie offensive lineman Marcus Cannon on the reserve/non-football injury list on Wednesday, according to ESPN Boston. Cannon, who is recovering from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, cannot play or practice until after Week 6, assuming he’s ready to go at that point.
“He does have some limitations,’ coach Bill Belichick said of the fifth-round pick earlier this week. ‘When those limitations are lifted then we’ll be able to evaluate him like everybody else and see what he can do without any limitations. Right now, we’re just not at the point yet. But I think he’s doing well and we’re getting closer, but we’re still not there yet.”
The move clears the way for the Patriots to add cornerback Antwaun Molden, who was claimed by the Patriots off waivers earlier on Wednesday.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft