Report: Patriots add Marcus Cannon to reserve/NFI list
|08.31.11 at 10:38 pm ET|
The Patriots placed rookie offensive lineman Marcus Cannon on the reserve/non-football injury list on Wednesday, according to ESPN Boston. Cannon, who is recovering from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, cannot play or practice until after Week 6, assuming he’s ready to go at that point.
“He does have some limitations,’ coach Bill Belichick said of the fifth-round pick earlier this week. ‘When those limitations are lifted then we’ll be able to evaluate him like everybody else and see what he can do without any limitations. Right now, we’re just not at the point yet. But I think he’s doing well and we’re getting closer, but we’re still not there yet.”
The move clears the way for the Patriots to add cornerback Antwaun Molden, who was claimed by the Patriots off waivers earlier on Wednesday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know