Devin McCourty on D&C: ‘Tomorrow’s the worst day in the NFL’
|09.02.11 at 10:52 am ET|
Patriots cornerback Devin McCourty joined the Dennis & Callahan show Friday morning to discuss his final thoughts on the preseason, as well as New England’s preparations for its regular-season opener.
“I felt like we worked hard this preseason, guys have stayed healthy and now we are just getting ready for Miami on Sept. 12,” McCourty said.
McCourty also discussed the improvement of the defense over the preseason.
“Each day we’ve gone through practice we’re getting better, and we’re getting some guys back out there,” he said. “I think we’re going to work together as a group, and as the season progresses I’m hoping as a defense, like we did last year, we just keep getting better each week.”
Following are more highlights from the conversation. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
On players getting cut from the roster on Saturday: “Tomorrow’s the worst day in the NFL, no matter if you’re worried about getting cut or not. You build friendships and relationships with guys that you’re just used to having in the locker room and on the team.”
On rookie defensive back Ras-I Dowling getting action Thursday night against the Giants: “Unfortunately he was hampered with some injuries throughout camp, but he’s been working hard to get back. I was excited to just see him get out there.”
On whether he would prefer to make a strip-sack or an interception: “I’m thinking interception. Getting a sack is cool, I talked trash with Eli [Manning] last year when I got my first sack, but I’m taking all the interceptions.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...