Sources: Patriots release Farnham, Compas and Medlin as final cuts begin
|09.02.11 at 2:20 pm ET|
With the league mandating that all teams must cut to 53 by Saturday at 4 p.m., the Patriots have already started making moves.
According to league sources, three players ‘ wide receiver Buddy Farnham, running back Richard Medlin and offensive lineman Jonathan Compas ‘ have all been informed of their release.
Farnham, a Massachusetts native, played both offense and defense for the Patriots over the course of the preseason, finishing with one interception as a safety, as well as six catches for 48 yards as a wide receiver. Medlin showed some versatility out of the backfield, running the ball 20 times for 66 yards and adding six catches for 39 yards. Compas is a 25-year-old who has worked primarily as an interior offensive lineman.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl