Sources: Patriots release Farnham, Compas and Medlin as final cuts begin
|09.02.11 at 2:20 pm ET|
With the league mandating that all teams must cut to 53 by Saturday at 4 p.m., the Patriots have already started making moves.
According to league sources, three players ‘ wide receiver Buddy Farnham, running back Richard Medlin and offensive lineman Jonathan Compas ‘ have all been informed of their release.
Farnham, a Massachusetts native, played both offense and defense for the Patriots over the course of the preseason, finishing with one interception as a safety, as well as six catches for 48 yards as a wide receiver. Medlin showed some versatility out of the backfield, running the ball 20 times for 66 yards and adding six catches for 39 yards. Compas is a 25-year-old who has worked primarily as an interior offensive lineman.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed