Sources: Patriots release Farnham, Compas and Medlin as final cuts begin
|09.02.11 at 2:20 pm ET|
With the league mandating that all teams must cut to 53 by Saturday at 4 p.m., the Patriots have already started making moves.
According to league sources, three players ‘ wide receiver Buddy Farnham, running back Richard Medlin and offensive lineman Jonathan Compas ‘ have all been informed of their release.
Farnham, a Massachusetts native, played both offense and defense for the Patriots over the course of the preseason, finishing with one interception as a safety, as well as six catches for 48 yards as a wide receiver. Medlin showed some versatility out of the backfield, running the ball 20 times for 66 yards and adding six catches for 39 yards. Compas is a 25-year-old who has worked primarily as an interior offensive lineman.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...
- Former Patriots, Miami CB Leonard Myers Dies at Age 38
- Tom Brady, Patriots Reportedly Have Mutual Interest in New Contract
- Jimmy Garoppolo Reportedly May Remain with Patriots Despite Trade Rumors