Patriots cut loose Lavarlas and Markell Carter and place two more on PUP
|09.03.11 at 11:43 am ET|
The Patriots have started on the long ‘ and difficult ‘ process of paring the active roster to 53 players.
They got a jump on things with the release of eight players on Friday, and as of Saturday at 11:30, they have also cut loose defensive linemen Markell Carter and Aaron Lavarlas. A 6-foot-4, 248-pounder out of Central Arkansas, Carter was a sixth-round pick of the Patriots in this year’s draft, while Lavarlas is a 6-foot-2, 249-pounder out of Idaho who signed as a rookie free agent in July shortly before the start of camp. (Both have practice squad eligibility.)
The Boston Herald is also reporting that defensive linemen Ron Brace and Brandon Deaderick will open the regular season on the physically unable to perform list.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position-by-Position Breakdown of New England Patriots' Top Combine...
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible