Patriots cut loose Lavarlas and Markell Carter and place two more on PUP
|09.03.11 at 11:43 am ET|
The Patriots have started on the long ‘ and difficult ‘ process of paring the active roster to 53 players.
They got a jump on things with the release of eight players on Friday, and as of Saturday at 11:30, they have also cut loose defensive linemen Markell Carter and Aaron Lavarlas. A 6-foot-4, 248-pounder out of Central Arkansas, Carter was a sixth-round pick of the Patriots in this year’s draft, while Lavarlas is a 6-foot-2, 249-pounder out of Idaho who signed as a rookie free agent in July shortly before the start of camp. (Both have practice squad eligibility.)
The Boston Herald is also reporting that defensive linemen Ron Brace and Brandon Deaderick will open the regular season on the physically unable to perform list.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself