Patriots cut loose Lavarlas and Markell Carter and place two more on PUP
|09.03.11 at 11:43 am ET|
The Patriots have started on the long ‘ and difficult ‘ process of paring the active roster to 53 players.
They got a jump on things with the release of eight players on Friday, and as of Saturday at 11:30, they have also cut loose defensive linemen Markell Carter and Aaron Lavarlas. A 6-foot-4, 248-pounder out of Central Arkansas, Carter was a sixth-round pick of the Patriots in this year’s draft, while Lavarlas is a 6-foot-2, 249-pounder out of Idaho who signed as a rookie free agent in July shortly before the start of camp. (Both have practice squad eligibility.)
The Boston Herald is also reporting that defensive linemen Ron Brace and Brandon Deaderick will open the regular season on the physically unable to perform list.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots