Patriots cut loose Lavarlas and Markell Carter and place two more on PUP
|09.03.11 at 11:43 am ET|
The Patriots have started on the long ‘ and difficult ‘ process of paring the active roster to 53 players.
They got a jump on things with the release of eight players on Friday, and as of Saturday at 11:30, they have also cut loose defensive linemen Markell Carter and Aaron Lavarlas. A 6-foot-4, 248-pounder out of Central Arkansas, Carter was a sixth-round pick of the Patriots in this year’s draft, while Lavarlas is a 6-foot-2, 249-pounder out of Idaho who signed as a rookie free agent in July shortly before the start of camp. (Both have practice squad eligibility.)
The Boston Herald is also reporting that defensive linemen Ron Brace and Brandon Deaderick will open the regular season on the physically unable to perform list.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion