Patriots reportedly release Niko Koutouvides, which is likely good news for Tracy White
|09.03.11 at 2:05 pm ET|
The Patriots have decided to release linebacker Niko Koutouvides, according to reports.
The 6-foot-2, 238-pound linebacker out of Purdue was signed by New England as a free agent on Aug. 14, and was primarily a special teamer this preseason with the Patriots. The 30-year-old was originally drafted by Seattle in the fourth round (116th overall) of the 2004 NFL draft, and has also played with Denver and Tampa Bay.
Koutouvides, Ricky Brown and Tracy White were all angling for the job of special teams linebacker (a position popularized by former Patriot Larry Izzo) this preseason, but with the release of both Koutouvides and Brown, it appears that White will return for a second season with the Patriots in that role.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England