Report: Patriots cut tight end Will Yeatman
|09.03.11 at 5:59 pm ET|
Multiple media reports indicate that tight end Will Yeatman, an undrafted free agent, has been released by the Patriots. Yeatman, a 6-foot-6, 270-pound rookie out of Maryland, waged a fierce battle for a roster spot at a crowded tight end spot, and he finished the preseason with five catches for 30 yards in four games. The 23-year-old Yeatman, a former collegiate lacrosse star, does have practice squad eligibility, but first must pass through waivers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle, Shoulder and...
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction