Report: Patriots cut tight end Will Yeatman
|09.03.11 at 5:59 pm ET|
Multiple media reports indicate that tight end Will Yeatman, an undrafted free agent, has been released by the Patriots. Yeatman, a 6-foot-6, 270-pound rookie out of Maryland, waged a fierce battle for a roster spot at a crowded tight end spot, and he finished the preseason with five catches for 30 yards in four games. The 23-year-old Yeatman, a former collegiate lacrosse star, does have practice squad eligibility, but first must pass through waivers.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick