Report: Patriots cut tight end Will Yeatman
|09.03.11 at 5:59 pm ET|
Multiple media reports indicate that tight end Will Yeatman, an undrafted free agent, has been released by the Patriots. Yeatman, a 6-foot-6, 270-pound rookie out of Maryland, waged a fierce battle for a roster spot at a crowded tight end spot, and he finished the preseason with five catches for 30 yards in four games. The 23-year-old Yeatman, a former collegiate lacrosse star, does have practice squad eligibility, but first must pass through waivers.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves