Report: Patriots cut tight end Will Yeatman
|09.03.11 at 5:59 pm ET|
Multiple media reports indicate that tight end Will Yeatman, an undrafted free agent, has been released by the Patriots. Yeatman, a 6-foot-6, 270-pound rookie out of Maryland, waged a fierce battle for a roster spot at a crowded tight end spot, and he finished the preseason with five catches for 30 yards in four games. The 23-year-old Yeatman, a former collegiate lacrosse star, does have practice squad eligibility, but first must pass through waivers.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty