Source confirms that Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore
|09.03.11 at 12:20 pm ET|
A league source has confirmed a report that the Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore.
Signed as a free agent on Dec. 3, 2010, he played in four games with three starts last year, and finished the season with career-highs of 13 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. However, the Patriots acquired Andre Carter, Shaun Ellis and Mark Anderson in the offseason, and while Moore continued to receive playing time over the course of the preseason, it was clear that he had been surpassed on the depth chart.
Moore, a 6-foot-4, 268-pounder out of Florida State, does not have practice squad eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?