Source confirms that Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore
|09.03.11 at 12:20 pm ET|
A league source has confirmed a report that the Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore.
Signed as a free agent on Dec. 3, 2010, he played in four games with three starts last year, and finished the season with career-highs of 13 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. However, the Patriots acquired Andre Carter, Shaun Ellis and Mark Anderson in the offseason, and while Moore continued to receive playing time over the course of the preseason, it was clear that he had been surpassed on the depth chart.
Moore, a 6-foot-4, 268-pounder out of Florida State, does not have practice squad eligibility.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty