Source confirms that Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore
|09.03.11 at 12:20 pm ET|
A league source has confirmed a report that the Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore.
Signed as a free agent on Dec. 3, 2010, he played in four games with three starts last year, and finished the season with career-highs of 13 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. However, the Patriots acquired Andre Carter, Shaun Ellis and Mark Anderson in the offseason, and while Moore continued to receive playing time over the course of the preseason, it was clear that he had been surpassed on the depth chart.
Moore, a 6-foot-4, 268-pounder out of Florida State, does not have practice squad eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class