Source confirms that Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore
|09.03.11 at 12:20 pm ET|
A league source has confirmed a report that the Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore.
Signed as a free agent on Dec. 3, 2010, he played in four games with three starts last year, and finished the season with career-highs of 13 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. However, the Patriots acquired Andre Carter, Shaun Ellis and Mark Anderson in the offseason, and while Moore continued to receive playing time over the course of the preseason, it was clear that he had been surpassed on the depth chart.
Moore, a 6-foot-4, 268-pounder out of Florida State, does not have practice squad eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...