Source confirms that Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore
|09.03.11 at 12:20 pm ET|
A league source has confirmed a report that the Patriots have released defensive end Eric Moore.
Signed as a free agent on Dec. 3, 2010, he played in four games with three starts last year, and finished the season with career-highs of 13 tackles, two sacks, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. However, the Patriots acquired Andre Carter, Shaun Ellis and Mark Anderson in the offseason, and while Moore continued to receive playing time over the course of the preseason, it was clear that he had been surpassed on the depth chart.
Moore, a 6-foot-4, 268-pounder out of Florida State, does not have practice squad eligibility.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England