Patriots’ practice squad starting to come together
|09.04.11 at 2:31 pm ET|
As of early Sunday afternoon, multiple media reports and league sources indicate the following players are expected to join the New England practice squad, provided they pass through waivers: outside linebacker/defensive end Markell Carter, defensive end Alex Silvestro, defensive lineman Aaron Lavarlas and defensive back Ross Ventrone.
One player the Patriots were hoping to get through to the practice squad was tight end Will Yeatman. However, according to ESPN’s Mike Reiss, Yeatman was ready to sign to New England’s practice squad when informed he had been claimed by Dolphins. Needless to say, it’s an extremely fluid situation at this point.
The Patriots have already picked up guard Brian Waters, while safety Brandon Meriweather, who was released on Saturday by New England, has signed a one-year deal with the Bears. In addition, here are a few other personnel moves worth passing along ‘ the Bengals claimed former Patriots wide receiver/kick returner Brandon Tate off waivers after he was released by New England Saturday. And Buffalo did the same to tight end Lee Smith, who drafted in the fifth round this past spring by New England but was let go by the Patriots Saturday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England