Leigh Bodden and Dan Connolly among those back at practice for the Patriots
|09.05.11 at 1:55 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots just started their Monday afternoon practice session on the fields behind Gillette Stadium under sunny skies as practice began in earnest for the regular season opener next week against the Dolphins in Miami.
Among the notables returning to practice included offensive lineman Dan Connolly and cornerback Leigh Bodden, both of who have been sidelined for extended periods because of injury. In addition, newcomer Brian Waters was also on the field for the first time with the Patriots ‘ the veteran offensive lineman was wearing No. 54.
The following players were not present at the start of practice: wide receiver Taylor Price, cornerback Kyle Arrington, running back Stevan Ridley, running back Shane Vereen, linebacker Jeff Tarpinian, offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer, defensive end Mark Anderson and defensive end Jermaine Cunningham
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble