Leigh Bodden and Dan Connolly among those back at practice for the Patriots
|09.05.11 at 1:55 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots just started their Monday afternoon practice session on the fields behind Gillette Stadium under sunny skies as practice began in earnest for the regular season opener next week against the Dolphins in Miami.
Among the notables returning to practice included offensive lineman Dan Connolly and cornerback Leigh Bodden, both of who have been sidelined for extended periods because of injury. In addition, newcomer Brian Waters was also on the field for the first time with the Patriots ‘ the veteran offensive lineman was wearing No. 54.
The following players were not present at the start of practice: wide receiver Taylor Price, cornerback Kyle Arrington, running back Stevan Ridley, running back Shane Vereen, linebacker Jeff Tarpinian, offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer, defensive end Mark Anderson and defensive end Jermaine Cunningham
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know