Leigh Bodden and Dan Connolly among those back at practice for the Patriots
|09.05.11 at 1:55 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ The Patriots just started their Monday afternoon practice session on the fields behind Gillette Stadium under sunny skies as practice began in earnest for the regular season opener next week against the Dolphins in Miami.
Among the notables returning to practice included offensive lineman Dan Connolly and cornerback Leigh Bodden, both of who have been sidelined for extended periods because of injury. In addition, newcomer Brian Waters was also on the field for the first time with the Patriots ‘ the veteran offensive lineman was wearing No. 54.
The following players were not present at the start of practice: wide receiver Taylor Price, cornerback Kyle Arrington, running back Stevan Ridley, running back Shane Vereen, linebacker Jeff Tarpinian, offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer, defensive end Mark Anderson and defensive end Jermaine Cunningham
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey
- Video of Alleged Suspect Stealing Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Jersey Aired...