Patriots reportedly claim Edds off waivers from Miami
|09.06.11 at 6:53 pm ET|
The Patriots have claimed linebacker A.J. Edds off waivers from the Dolphins, according to multiple media outlets. The 6-foot-4, 244-pounder played at Iowa, and was a fourth-round pick of Miami last year who spent all of 2010 on injured reserve after tearing his the ACL in his right knee training camp. The 23-year-old Edds led the Dolphins in tackles this preseason with 18 (with one sack), and could also serve as a long snapper in a pinch.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself