Patriots reportedly claim Edds off waivers from Miami
|09.06.11 at 6:53 pm ET|
The Patriots have claimed linebacker A.J. Edds off waivers from the Dolphins, according to multiple media outlets. The 6-foot-4, 244-pounder played at Iowa, and was a fourth-round pick of Miami last year who spent all of 2010 on injured reserve after tearing his the ACL in his right knee training camp. The 23-year-old Edds led the Dolphins in tackles this preseason with 18 (with one sack), and could also serve as a long snapper in a pinch.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England