Matt Light on The Big Show: ‘I’ll play wherever they tell me to play’
|09.09.11 at 3:42 pm ET|
Patriots’ offensive lineman Matt Light joined The Big Show on Friday and said that he was physically ready to play wherever, and for however long, he needs to in the opener Monday night in Miami.
“I’m going to play wherever they tell me to play to be quite honest with you,” Light said. “There’s a comfortable position obviously, but look, we’ve asked a lot of guys to do a lot of things over the years. Whether it’s playing on both sides of the ball, being able to play all three interior spots, really we’ve had guys that have been able to play any position up front. Really, that’s kind of the M.O. for our offense. You’ve got to be able to versatile and you have be able to do whatever they need you to do and whatever makes the most sense.”
Asked if he was ready to play the full game, especially if Sebastian Vollmer is unable to go, Light said there was no doubt. “I’d hope so, man. You know how it goes. You’ve never seen an offensive lineman — at least not in this system — you’ve never seen one of tap our helmets [to come out of the game],” he said. “I mean, that’s not going to happen. When we start the game we’re out there for the duration.”
Light also expressed confidence in Brian Waters, who joined the team last week after a long, productive career in Kansas City.
“There’s a couple of things going for Brian,” Light said. “Obviously he’s been in this league for a long time. Secondarily, he’s been in this offense. Terminology, snap count and all those things being pretty similar it makes things a lot easier. And, whenever you start game-planning and breaking down your offense it’s not as complicated I’ll say as it sometimes in camp when you basically install everything all at once and then start fine-tuning it from there.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...