Patrick Chung on M&M: Brandon Meriweather’s gone, but ‘we’ll be fine with the guys we’ve got’
|09.09.11 at 11:37 am ET|
Patriots defensive back Patrick Chung joined the Mut & Merloni show Friday morning for his weekly conversation.
“We’re not worried about that,” he said. “We’ve got the guys we have here, and it’s just going to get better as the season goes along. We’ll be able to communicate a lot better, and it’s just going to get better as the time goes, with experience. We’ll be fine with the guys we’ve got.”
Following are more highlights from the conversation. To hear the interview, go to the Mut & Merloni audio on demand page.
On Dolphins running back Reggie Bush, whom Chung faced in college: “He’s good, he’s a good player. He’s fast, he’s explosive. He can catch the ball, he can run. He’s overall a very good player. We have to bring our ‘A’ game and everybody has to be on the same page and take care of him.”
On Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall: “He’s a very good player. He can make plays. We’ve got to keep them to a minimum. Just play the game and play football. It’s go-time now.”
On being able to play either safety position and if it was a difficult transition coming out of college: “It’s not difficult. It’s whatever coach wants you to do, period. You have to play down, you have to play deep, you have to cover, you have to tackle, you’ve got to do everything that you need to do to make yourself a good player in the back here. You’ve got to do all those things. And regardless of where you are at any given time or on any play, you have to do it to the best of your ability.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Says He Has No Interest in Pursuing Coaching Career
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Knee Surgery
- Rob Gronkowski Keeps Rolling as the Patriots' Offensive Pillar
- Patriots vs. Steelers: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7