Patriots practice report Friday: Sebastian Vollmer misses third straight
|09.09.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
FOXBORO — In a likely sign that he won’t be available for Monday night’s season opener in Miami, starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer missed his third straight practice on Friday as the Patriots worked out in shorts and shells on the lower grass field outside Gillette Stadium. The team had practiced in full pads inside Gillette Stadium the previous two days.
The team plays on natural grass on Monday night at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida. For the second straight day, Vollmer – who was listed with a back issue on Thursday’s injury report – was the only Patriots player not in attendance for the beginning of practice.
The team does have one more practice on Saturday, again on the lower practice fields, before leaving for South Florida on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal