Patriots practice report Friday: Sebastian Vollmer misses third straight
|09.09.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
FOXBORO — In a likely sign that he won’t be available for Monday night’s season opener in Miami, starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer missed his third straight practice on Friday as the Patriots worked out in shorts and shells on the lower grass field outside Gillette Stadium. The team had practiced in full pads inside Gillette Stadium the previous two days.
The team plays on natural grass on Monday night at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida. For the second straight day, Vollmer – who was listed with a back issue on Thursday’s injury report – was the only Patriots player not in attendance for the beginning of practice.
The team does have one more practice on Saturday, again on the lower practice fields, before leaving for South Florida on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England