Patriots practice report Friday: Sebastian Vollmer misses third straight
|09.09.11 at 12:34 pm ET|
FOXBORO — In a likely sign that he won’t be available for Monday night’s season opener in Miami, starting right tackle Sebastian Vollmer missed his third straight practice on Friday as the Patriots worked out in shorts and shells on the lower grass field outside Gillette Stadium. The team had practiced in full pads inside Gillette Stadium the previous two days.
The team plays on natural grass on Monday night at Sun Life Stadium in South Florida. For the second straight day, Vollmer – who was listed with a back issue on Thursday’s injury report – was the only Patriots player not in attendance for the beginning of practice.
The team does have one more practice on Saturday, again on the lower practice fields, before leaving for South Florida on Sunday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...