Tedy to Ochocinco: ‘Drop the awe factor’ and get in your playbook
|09.14.11 at 12:52 am ET|
Former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi ripped wide receiver Chad Ochocinco on Tuesday, telling Ochocinco to ‘drop the awe factor’ and get in the playbook if he wants to make a contribution to the team.
One day after Ochocinco caught one pass in the regular-season opener for the Patriots against the Dolphins in Miami ‘ a game where quarterback Tom Brady and the Patriots racked up 517 passing yards in a 38-24 win — Ochocinco tweeted: Just waking up after a late arrival, I’ve never seen a machine operate like that n person,to see video game numbers put up n person was WOW.
That drew a stern rebuke from Bruschi. Speaking on WEEI’s ‘Big Show,’ he hammered Ochocinco, telling him to ‘get with the program.’
‘Drop the awe factor, OK, Ocho? Chad, drop the awe factor,’ Bruschi said. ‘You’re not a fan, all right. You’re not someone who’s on another team or watching TV. You’re not an analyst. You’re a part of it. They want you to be a part of it. So get with the program because obviously you’re not getting it and you’re tweeting because you’re saying, ‘It’s amazing to see’? It’s amazing to see because you don’t understand it. You still don’t understand it and it’s amazing to you because you can’t get it.
‘Stop tweeting and get in your playbook,’ Bruschi added. ‘Wake up! If you’re just waking up now — I don’t know when this was, six minutes ago? — get out your bed and get to the stadium and watch some film if you still think it’s amazing. If you’re in it and you know what you’re doing and you execute out there you don’t think it’s amazing. You know why? Because it’s what you’re supposed to do.’
For the complete audio of the interview, click here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed