Patrick Chung on M&M: Improved defensive communication ‘just takes time’
|09.16.11 at 12:01 pm ET|
Patriots safety Patrick Chung joined Mut & Merloni Friday morning as part of WEEI’s Patriots Friday to discuss New England’s home opener on Sunday with San Diego.
When asked about New England’s win over Miami Monday night, Chung said that the team has moved on.
“We had a lot of conditioning and working out, but that game’s over,” Chung said. “We have San Diego, we have another team coming in. They have some speed, some big guys, so we have to get ready for them. … They’re a good all-around team, so we have to come ready to play, they’ll be ready to play, so it’s going to be good.”
Following are more highlights from the conversation. To hear the interview, go to the Mut & Merloni audio on demand page.
On covering Antonio Gates: “When you play him, he can make plays, he’s a playmaker. He’s big, fast, he uses hands, good body control, everything. Your technique has to be on point.”
On defense communicating better: “That just takes time. … As the season goes along, we’re having these meetings and learning the defense and they get confident in the book, along with me, then we’ll be good.”
On how difficult it is to see family during the season: “It’s definitely hard. My family’s on the other side of the country. They’re out here this weekend for my son’s birthday. So, now I get to see everybody, and it’s going to be a good weekend.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video