Rob Ninkovich gets contract extension from Patriots
|09.16.11 at 9:41 am ET|
Patriots linebacker Rob Ninkovich has signed a two-year, $4 million extension with New England. The 6-foot-2, 255-pound linebacker started 10 of 16 games last season, totaling 61 tackles, with four quarterback sacks and two interceptions. The 27-year-old, in his sixth season in the league, has become an integral part of the Patriots defense at the outside linebacker spot — he played 42 of the 77 defensive snaps in the regular-season opener Monday against the Dolphins.
The news was first reported by Brian McIntyre of Macs Football Blog.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?