Key Moment: Fitzpatrick connects with Jackson late to lift the Bills
|09.25.11 at 4:36 pm ET|
Following a Patriots’ touchdown to tie the game at 31 with 3:33 remaining, Patriots kicker Stephen Gostkowski delivered a touchback, giving Buffalo the ball at their own 20. Buffalo quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick got the ball out to its own 49, and then connected with running back Fred Jackson on a sweet pass play over the middle that got the Bills deep into New England territory with 1:43 remaining. A 39-yard gainer, Jackson caught the ball at the Patriots’ 35-yard line and raced downfield past a fleet of New England defenders.
The call was initially ruled as a touchdown, but after a review, the ball was placed at the Patriots one-yard line. After a few kneeldowns from Fitzpatrick, Buffalo kicker Rian Lindell connected on a 28-yarder as time ran out to give the Bills a 34-31 victory. It snapped New England’s 15-game win streak over Buffalo, and kept Buffalo undefeated on the season.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick