Deion Branch on M&M: ‘I think the defense did a great job for us’
|09.26.11 at 11:29 am ET|
“I just think overall, with the outcome of the game, had we won and not been on the loss side, it wouldn’t be a big deal,” he said. “Me personally, I want to make sure I do a whole lot more to contribute to the game. And I know Tom [Brady] wants to try to get me the football as much as he can. With that being said, I think him and Wes [Welker, who had 16 catches], they were feeling it. They were in their groove. That happens during the course of a game. Trust me, that was a good thing.”
Added Branch: “Tom’s the quarterback. He’s going to try to get everybody the football. So, there’s nobody at fault for him not throwing me the passes.”
Following are more highlights from the conversation. To hear the interview, go to the Mut & Merloni audio on demand page.
On Chad Ochocinco saying that he’s feeling more comfortable in the offense despite some criticism for Sunday’s outing: “If he said it, that’s Chad. ‘¦ Trust me, Chad, we love having him here. He’s a great player. And he’s doing everything that coach has asked of him. Y’all asked him that, and he said he’s feeling good. That’s a good thing.”
On feeling pressured to score 35 points because the defense is allowing a lot of points: “That’s the expectation we have on the offensive side of the ball. There’s no frustration with — I think overall we’re not doing anything. Yesterday was an entire game. We play as a team. We win and lose as a team. Honestly, I think the defense did a great job for us. They got us a couple of turnovers. We’ve got to take advantage of those. We’ve got to play more complementary football. The defense go out and do their thing, we do our thing. I think overall we lost as a team. There’s no ‘this side’ or ‘that side.’ “
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...