Beer company sues Patriots for backing out of deal
|09.27.11 at 7:48 am ET|
Beer company MillerCoors filed suit against the Patriots Monday after the team backed out of an exclusive deal that would have run from 2012-19, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell.
MillerCoors, which has been a sponsors of the Patriots for almost a decade, claims it had a deal in place before the Patriots backed out and gave a similar package to competitor Anheuser-Busch InBev.
“We appreciate competition, but we respect the integrity of a deal above all else,” MillerCoors vice president of media and marketing services Jackie Woodward said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Garoppolo Comments on Opportunity to Start for Patriots
- Dion Lewis Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Recovery from Surgery
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL