Beer company sues Patriots for backing out of deal
|09.27.11 at 7:48 am ET|
Beer company MillerCoors filed suit against the Patriots Monday after the team backed out of an exclusive deal that would have run from 2012-19, according to CNBC’s Darren Rovell.
MillerCoors, which has been a sponsors of the Patriots for almost a decade, claims it had a deal in place before the Patriots backed out and gave a similar package to competitor Anheuser-Busch InBev.
“We appreciate competition, but we respect the integrity of a deal above all else,” MillerCoors vice president of media and marketing services Jackie Woodward said.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know