Checking in with Chad Ochocinco
|09.27.11 at 4:20 pm ET|
Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien was asked Tuesday for his thoughts on Chad Ochocinco‘s performance against the Bills. The wide receiver dropped one ball that would have likely been a touchdown. In addition, Buffalo cornerback Leodis McKelvin cut in front of him for an interception.
“Chad, just like everybody else in that game — me included — would probably wish to have a couple of plays back,” O’Brien said on a conference call with reporters when asked about Ochocinco, who finished with two catches for 28 yards on the afternoon. “And at the same time, here is a guy and a bunch of guys — coaches included again — that are working hard to correct those mistakes and really focusing on Oakland and trying to get better at the things we all need to get better at, because every week is a challenge.”
It has been a rough start for Ochocinco in a New England uniform — he has five catches for 87 yards through three games, not the sort of production many envisioned for him when he was first acquired by the Patriots in July. But it doesn’t sound like anyone in the New England locker room has turned their backs on him.
“I think the last few weeks, he’s really been much more involved in the game and playmaking,” quarterback Tom Brady told WEEI on Monday. “And we’re going to need him. We’re going to need every single player on the roster. I have a lot of confidence in Chad. He works hard, he wants to do the right thing, he studies. He spends time after practice trying to get it right.
“Chad is definitely making more plays for us, and that’s important for our offense. They’re going to have to defend everybody.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...