Pressure points: Which Patriot defenders have been getting after opposing quarterbacks?
|09.27.11 at 9:35 am ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 129 dropbacks against the Patriots through three games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 16 times, to go along with six sacks (the latter of which is tied for 20th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots:
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Two
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Two
Defensive end Andre Carter: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied