Pressure points: Which Patriot defenders have been getting after opposing quarterbacks?
|09.27.11 at 9:35 am ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 129 dropbacks against the Patriots through three games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 16 times, to go along with six sacks (the latter of which is tied for 20th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots:
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Two
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Two
Defensive end Andre Carter: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England