Fantasy Football: Latest on Frank Gore, Jeremy Maclin
|10.02.11 at 10:52 am ET|
“There’s Frank Gore warming up. He’ll play this afternoon, ? is how ankle holds up over the course of the day,” Breer tweeted Sunday morning.
Gore has struggled this season with the 49ers even before his injury. He earned 148 rushing yards on 59 attempts and is averaging just 2.5 yards per carry this season. If Gore plays Sunday, he likely will not receive the majority of the carries, as San Francisco rookie Kendall Hunter will likely serve as the main running back should Gore fail to perform well. Gore was listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Eagles.
Breer also reported via Twitter that Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin will play Sunday despite being limited in practice this week with a hamstring injury. Maclin has been the most consistent receiver this season for the Eagles, making a team-high 19 catches for 260 yards and two touchdowns through the first three games. Maclin was listed as probable for Sunday’s game against the 49ers.
St. Louis officially declared Danny Amendola out Sunday for the Rams game against the Redskins. Amendola has not played since dislocating his left elbow in the season opener against the Eagles. After reports emerged immediately after the injury that Amendola would miss the season, sources now say that Amendola should return close to 100 percent following the Rams’ Week 5 bye.
New Orleans announced that Marques Colston will play Sunday against the Jaguars but Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer is reporting that Colston will only see 15-20 snaps, which is consistent with the Saints tradition of easing injured players back into game action. Colston has not played since breaking his collarbone in Week 1 against Green Bay.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England