Aaron Hernandez on possibly facing Darrelle Revis: ‘I think that would be a good matchup’
|10.06.11 at 1:09 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Welcome to the bizarre entity known as “Jets Week.”
Not that the pressure is getting to players but they certainly seem to act differently.
Take Aaron Hernandez for example.
Hernandez let out a primal yell of “ahhhh” each time he was asked whether his injured left knee would be healed in time for him to play this weekend. Hernandez has missed the last two games after injuring the knee in the Week 2 win over the Chargers.
“I feel pretty good,” Hernandez said. “Just trying to get healthy and take it day-by-day. I’ll take it day-by-day and see how it feels.”
“He’s a beast and he can do so many things, you only need one,” Hernandez said, before reminding everyone he is missing being on the field after a great personal start to the season. “It’s always frustrating when you love the game.
He hasn’t yet been cleared to play on Sunday and still sports a brace on his injured left knee, but the Patriots tight end said Thursday he would welcome a chance to play against Jets star cornerback Darrelle Revis. The Jets cornerback said this week that Hernandez gives the Patriots offense an added dimension and would be a challenge he’d like to take on if the right situation presented itself.
“I think it would be a good match-up,” Hernandez said.
Would Hernandez like the chance to go up against Revis Island?
“You could change that into a story, now, so, ahhhh.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots