Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through five games?
|10.11.11 at 12:59 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 194 dropbacks against the Patriots through five games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 23 times, to go along with eight sacks (tied for 24th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through five games:
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Five
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Three
Defensive end Andre Carter: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied