Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through five games?
|10.11.11 at 12:59 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 194 dropbacks against the Patriots through five games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 23 times, to go along with eight sacks (tied for 24th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through five games:
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Five
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Three
Defensive end Andre Carter: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England