Pressure Points: Which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the quarterback through five games?
|10.11.11 at 12:59 pm ET|
According to official NFL gamebooks, opposing quarterbacks have 194 dropbacks against the Patriots through five games this season, and have been hit by New England defenders a total of 23 times, to go along with eight sacks (tied for 24th in the league). Here’s a breakdown of who has been getting to the quarterback for the Patriots through five games:
Defensive end/linebacker Mark Anderson: Five
Linebacker Dane Fletcher: Four
Defensive lineman Vince Wilfork: Three
Defensive lineman Myron Pryor: Three
Linebacker Rob Ninkovich: Three
Defensive end Andre Carter: Two
Defensive lineman Shaun Ellis: One
Defensive lineman Gerard Warren: One
Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth: One
Safety Pat Chung: One
Mike Wright: 0.5
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know