Offensive lineman Thomas Welch returns to Patriots practice squad
|10.12.11 at 12:50 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots announced Wednesday that offensive lineman Thomas Welch has been signed to the practice squad after being released from the 53-man roster on Monday.
Welch, a seventh round draft pick of the Patriots in 2010 out of Vanderbilt, has had two stints on the 53-man roster after starting the season on the practice squad. He was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Sept. 12, prior to the season-opener at Miami and saw his first NFL action against the Dolphins. He was released from the 53-man roster on Sept. 14 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 15. He was signed for the second time to the 53-man roster on Oct. 1, prior to the game at Oakland.
Welch, 6-foot-7, 310 pounds, spent the majority of his rookie season last year on the Minnesota practice squad. He was released by Minnesota on Sept. 3 and then was signed to the Patriots practice squad.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Eagles vs. Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
- Biggest Takeaways from Patriots' Week 12 Loss
- WR Chris Harper Released by Patriots
- Brady Comments on Officiating During Broncos Loss
- Buzz: Patriots Hopeful Gronk, Amendola Will Play vs. Eagles
- Chandler's Updated Fantasy Outlook After Gronkowski's Injury
- Full Game Grades for Pats vs. Broncos