Offensive lineman Thomas Welch returns to Patriots practice squad
|10.12.11 at 12:50 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots announced Wednesday that offensive lineman Thomas Welch has been signed to the practice squad after being released from the 53-man roster on Monday.
Welch, a seventh round draft pick of the Patriots in 2010 out of Vanderbilt, has had two stints on the 53-man roster after starting the season on the practice squad. He was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Sept. 12, prior to the season-opener at Miami and saw his first NFL action against the Dolphins. He was released from the 53-man roster on Sept. 14 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 15. He was signed for the second time to the 53-man roster on Oct. 1, prior to the game at Oakland.
Welch, 6-foot-7, 310 pounds, spent the majority of his rookie season last year on the Minnesota practice squad. He was released by Minnesota on Sept. 3 and then was signed to the Patriots practice squad.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Sheard Finally Gives Patriots Depth at OLB
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week