Offensive lineman Thomas Welch returns to Patriots practice squad
|10.12.11 at 12:50 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots announced Wednesday that offensive lineman Thomas Welch has been signed to the practice squad after being released from the 53-man roster on Monday.
Welch, a seventh round draft pick of the Patriots in 2010 out of Vanderbilt, has had two stints on the 53-man roster after starting the season on the practice squad. He was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Sept. 12, prior to the season-opener at Miami and saw his first NFL action against the Dolphins. He was released from the 53-man roster on Sept. 14 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 15. He was signed for the second time to the 53-man roster on Oct. 1, prior to the game at Oakland.
Welch, 6-foot-7, 310 pounds, spent the majority of his rookie season last year on the Minnesota practice squad. He was released by Minnesota on Sept. 3 and then was signed to the Patriots practice squad.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats