Belichick issues statement on Mike Wright
|10.13.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who usually does not address the media on Thursday, issued a statement through the team Thursday afternoon in the wake of the decision to place defensive lineman Mike Wright on injured reserve for the rest of the season with a concussion.
“Mike did everything he could to return and contribute to the team,” said Belichick of Wright, who suffered a concussion in the regular season opener against Miami. “Unfortunately, we felt the best course of action was to place him on injured reserve at this time.”
The 29-year-old Wright was in his seventh NFL season, all with the Patriots. He was having the best year of his career last year, when he had 5.5 sacks before a concussion in Week 10 against the Steelers ended his season. This season’s concussion was the second in nine months.
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings
- Patriots Are Reliant on Rookies, But Still Winning
- New England Patriots Links 12/04/13 - Patriots Preparing For All Browns...
- NFL Playoff Picture: Where do the Patriots Stand After 12 Games?
- Turning Heel
- New England Patriots Links 12/03/13 - Brady, Patriots Heat Up in December
- Patriots vs. Texans: By the Numbers