Belichick issues statement on Mike Wright
|10.13.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who usually does not address the media on Thursday, issued a statement through the team Thursday afternoon in the wake of the decision to place defensive lineman Mike Wright on injured reserve for the rest of the season with a concussion.
‘Mike did everything he could to return and contribute to the team,’ said Belichick of Wright, who suffered a concussion in the regular season opener against Miami. ‘Unfortunately, we felt the best course of action was to place him on injured reserve at this time.’
The 29-year-old Wright was in his seventh NFL season, all with the Patriots. He was having the best year of his career last year, when he had 5.5 sacks before a concussion in Week 10 against the Steelers ended his season. This season’s concussion was the second in nine months.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Gronkowski, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- Pats' Notes from Week 1 of Training Camp
- Pats Closing in on Solidifying Starting O-Line
- Predicting Patriots' 1st Wave of Roster Cuts
- Top Position Battle to Watch at Pats Camp
- Judge Sets Brady's Court Date for Aug. 12
- Why Dobson Has Everything to Prove in Patriots Camp