Belichick issues statement on Mike Wright
|10.13.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who usually does not address the media on Thursday, issued a statement through the team Thursday afternoon in the wake of the decision to place defensive lineman Mike Wright on injured reserve for the rest of the season with a concussion.
‘Mike did everything he could to return and contribute to the team,’ said Belichick of Wright, who suffered a concussion in the regular season opener against Miami. ‘Unfortunately, we felt the best course of action was to place him on injured reserve at this time.’
The 29-year-old Wright was in his seventh NFL season, all with the Patriots. He was having the best year of his career last year, when he had 5.5 sacks before a concussion in Week 10 against the Steelers ended his season. This season’s concussion was the second in nine months.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots
- Patriots Last-Minute 7-Round Mock Draft and Top-100 Big Board
- What Are the Patriots' Long-Term Needs?
- Patriots Draft Guide and Preview
- Super Bowl LI Odds: Brady Suspension Equals Uncertainty for Pats