Belichick issues statement on Mike Wright
|10.13.11 at 7:54 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who usually does not address the media on Thursday, issued a statement through the team Thursday afternoon in the wake of the decision to place defensive lineman Mike Wright on injured reserve for the rest of the season with a concussion.
‘Mike did everything he could to return and contribute to the team,’ said Belichick of Wright, who suffered a concussion in the regular season opener against Miami. ‘Unfortunately, we felt the best course of action was to place him on injured reserve at this time.’
The 29-year-old Wright was in his seventh NFL season, all with the Patriots. He was having the best year of his career last year, when he had 5.5 sacks before a concussion in Week 10 against the Steelers ended his season. This season’s concussion was the second in nine months.
2015 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2015 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Must Move to Re-Sign Connolly
- Realistic Trade Partners for Patriots in NFL Draft
- Patriots Rapid-Fire Predictions for NFL Draft
- Making Pats' Case for Jordan Phillips
- Potential Day One Starters for the Patriots
- Why Easley Is Patriots' Most Overlooked Starter
- Best, Worst Case Scenarios for Pats' Top 3 Picks