Patrick Chung on M&M: Tony Romo ‘definitely a good player’
|10.14.11 at 10:57 am ET|
Patriots defensive back Patrick Chung checked in with the Mut & Merloni show Friday morning for his weekly discussion as the Patriots prepare to host the Cowboys Sunday. To hear the interview, go to the Mut & Merloni audio on demand page.
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has made news for his highlight-reel plays — both good and bad — this season.
“They can say what they want to say, he’s definitely a good player,” Chung said. “He wouldn’t be starting if he wasn’t. He can make the throws, he can make the big plays and he has guys that he can get the ball to that can make big plays. Whatever they say about him, you can throw that out the window. He’s definitely a good player.”
One of Romo’s key weapons is tight end Jason Witten.
“He’s a great player,” Chung said, “He can do pretty much everything you ask him to do. We have to take care of that guy. ‘¦ He’s big, he’s savvy, he knows how to run a route. Romo’s looking to him and he knows how to catch the ball and block people out. He’s just overall good. He’s big and fast, and he has great hands.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England