Detroit, San Francisco coaches scuffle following San Francisco win
|10.16.11 at 5:59 pm ET|
It seemed like the drama was over in the Detroit/San Francisco game Sunday after Lions receiver Calvin Johnson dropped a lateral to cement the 49ers 25-19 win over previously unbeaten Detroit, but it was after the game when things got heated between Lions coach Jim Schwartz and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.
The two coaches met briefly during postgame handshakes, during which Harbaugh apparently uttered an obscenity, slapped Schwartz’s hand and patted him on the back before jogging toward the locker room. But Schwartz, apparently upset over Harbaugh’s words, chased after Harbaugh and the two coaches had to be separated by their players when they attempted to go after each other.
“I went to congratulate Harbaugh and got shoved out of the way,” Schwartz said in his postgame press conference. “I didn’t expect an obscenity at that point so it was a surprise to me at the end of the game.”
Harbaugh accepted the blame for the incident, claiming he slapped hands too hard with Schwartz after the game.
“I was really revved up,” Harbaugh told NFL Network’s Albert Breer. “That wasn’t me, just shook his hand too hard . . . that’s on me.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick