Detroit, San Francisco coaches scuffle following San Francisco win
|10.16.11 at 5:59 pm ET|
It seemed like the drama was over in the Detroit/San Francisco game Sunday after Lions receiver Calvin Johnson dropped a lateral to cement the 49ers 25-19 win over previously unbeaten Detroit, but it was after the game when things got heated between Lions coach Jim Schwartz and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh.
The two coaches met briefly during postgame handshakes, during which Harbaugh apparently uttered an obscenity, slapped Schwartz’s hand and patted him on the back before jogging toward the locker room. But Schwartz, apparently upset over Harbaugh’s words, chased after Harbaugh and the two coaches had to be separated by their players when they attempted to go after each other.
“I went to congratulate Harbaugh and got shoved out of the way,” Schwartz said in his postgame press conference. “I didn’t expect an obscenity at that point so it was a surprise to me at the end of the game.”
Harbaugh accepted the blame for the incident, claiming he slapped hands too hard with Schwartz after the game.
“I was really revved up,” Harbaugh told NFL Network’s Albert Breer. “That wasn’t me, just shook his hand too hard . . . that’s on me.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades