Patriots release Ventrone and Moore
|10.17.11 at 5:09 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Monday that the team has released defensive back Sterling Moore and safety Ross Ventrone.
Moore, 5-foot-10, 205 pounds, was signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster on Oct. 15 and played in the win against Dallas. He originally was signed by the Oakland Raiders as a rookie free agent out of Southern Methodist on July 28. He was released by the Raiders after training camp and spent the first few weeks on the Oakland practice squad before being released on Sept. 26. Moore was signed to the Patriots’ practice squad on Oct. 5.
Ventrone, 5-foot-8, 190 pounds, has spent time on both the practice squad and 53-man roster this season, playing in three games. He was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent out of Villanova on April 29, 2010. He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 4, 2010 and then signed to the practice squad on Oct. 19, 2010 where he finished the season.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots