Patriots announce re-signing of defensive back Phillip Adams
|10.18.11 at 2:24 pm ET|
The Patriots announced Tuesday that they have re-signed defensive back Phillip Adams. Adams, 5-foot-11, 192 pounds, was originally signed by the Patriots on Sept. 21 and was active but did not play in the games at Buffalo on Sept. 25 and at Oakland on Oct. 2 before being released on Oct. 8, signed again on Oct. 13 and released on Oct. 14. He was originally drafted in 2010 by San Francisco in the seventh round (224 overall) out of South Carolina State. Adams played in 15 games for the 49ers last season and finished with 13 total tackles and one pass defensed.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied